Tuesday, October 23, 2012

dear ashtanga,

dear ashtanga,
i'm really sorry i broke up with you. i have missed you, and this morning made me realize that i want to commit to you again... under your terms~ i promise i won't cheat and listen to music and close my eyes~ i promise to be there 6 days a week to watch the sun come up with you... and on the new moon and full moon to take time out and be gentle to myself. i realize that for me, a disciplined and consistent practice that does not change is necessary for a firm foundation of finding balance between aversion and attraction, judgement and knowing, and holding on, and letting go,.... for once practice establishes a firm foundation, then i can play with asana and music and dance... but without that disciplined consistency the mind is much more difficult to reel in and the body will not be as strong and steady if this commitment to practice is maintained. thank you ashtanga for taking me back and accepting me as i am... and most of all ashtanga, thank you for never changing~

No comments:

Post a Comment